Senior Research Scientist
The role of Senior Research Scientist is to help the Global Research Manager and global research team facilitate and maintain high impact applied research activities across Arup. This involves managing the full research cycle, from identification and prioritisation of research topics, through to support in the research delivery, to capturing and disseminating research outcomes.
As a Senior Research Scientist, you will be responsible for:
• Promoting/ facilitating research activities among Arup colleagues, helping them shape their research ideas and deliver these to a high standard
• Co-design and implementation of strategic research programs that support Arup’s markets (Cities, Digital, Energy, Water, Transport) businesses and skills
• Creation of the content and assets enabling the dissemination of the research outcomes (both internally and externally)
• Analysis of the research activities and portfolios of research projects to evaluate the health of Arup’s research and suggest continual improvement
• Running of internal and external research initiatives such as Arup Research Awards and Global Research Challenges
• Scanning the research horizon in selected disciplines to inform our disciplines and businesses of the newest developments, strategic partners and events
• Supporting client driven research projects where applicable
Requirements and skills
The Senior Research Scientist is likely to be experienced in research, research methods, and dissemination of research. He/she should be thorough and systematic and should have research project delivery experience. The successful individual should be a good communicator, comfortable with digital media, data analysis, visualization and in writing.
• Excellent digital media, data analysis and visualization skills, including the Adobe Suite
• Ability to capture and convey information in a clear and succinct way
• Experience describing research to a variety of audiences and for different purposes
• Driven by curiosity and willingness to learn about diverse disciplines and translate the findings into business advice
• Motivated and proactive team worker
• Demonstrated project management skills, especially in research project contexts
• Experience with authoring tools and environments such as Word, WordPress, and or other web tools
• Ability to liaise across functions, disciplines, research bodies
• Comfortable presenting in front of diverse audiences
• Experience with facilitation 1:1 and in workshop setting
The global research team is looking for experienced researchers who come with a passion for solving problems in the built environment who likely have research degrees from fields related to the design, engineering, and or sciences in fields impacting the built environment. The Senior Research Scientists is likely to be a person who brings both breadth in their knowledge of the topics related to the built environment as well as depth in a particular area demonstrating research experience.
Reward and Benefits:
This role is permanent. We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Applications for this role will be taken on an on-going basis
Closing date for this role is open until the position is filled
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com